45 Life lessons written by a 90 year old
Play this video of under 7 minutes to remind yourself of what really matters in life.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
- When in doubt, just take the next small step
- Life is too short to waste time hating anyone
- Don’t take yourself so seriously, no one else does
- Pay off your credit cards every month
- You don’t have to win every argument, agree to disagree
- Cry with someone, it’s more healing than crying alone
- Save for retirement, starting with your first payslip
- When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile
- Make peace with your past, so it won’t screw up your present
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry
- Don¡t compare your life to others, you have no idea what their journey is all about
- If a relationship has to be secret, you shouldn’t be in it
- Life is too short for long pity parties. Get busy living, or get busy dying.
- You can get through anything if you stay put in today.
- A writer writes. If you want to be a writer, write.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for special occassions, today is special.
- Overprepare then go with the flow.
- Be eccentric now, don’t wait for old age to wear purple
- The most important sex organ is te brain.
- No one is in charge of your hapinness, except you,
- Frame every so-called disaster with this words: In five years, will this matter?
- Forgive everyone, everything
- What other people think of you is none of your business
- Time heals almost everything, give time time.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick, your friends will. Stay in touch.
- Believe in miracles.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you, really does make you stronger.
- Growing old beats the alternative, dying young.
- Your children get only one childhood, make it memorable.
- Get outside everyday, miracles are waiting everywhere.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s , we’d grab us back.
- Don’t audit life, sbhow up and make the most of it now.
- Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
- All that trully matters in the end, is that you loved.
- Envy is a waste of time, you already have all you need.
- The best is yet to come
- No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
- Take a deep breath, it calms the mind.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get
- Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.
Narrated by Shane Morris Written by Regina Brett
Be wise, have wisdom
Follow Have Wisdom on Facebook